2012 trainings.
Its a new year - and with it comes new challenges; albeit the same old training conducts - at least, for now anyway. Yup, this picture, for example shows my first class for 2012 - namely a Packaged Application Design School (a.k.a. PADS), which is all about General Design concepts geared more for the packaged application solutions type of project (which basically covers platforms like SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, and other similar ERP solutions.
Funny thing is, I only started teaching Packaged-solutions related training this year - more so, after the U2K2 project. Ironic since the other way around - meaning conducting the training, then becoming part of the SAP project (which would really have helped me). Still, I was already starting to conduct such training in the past - but my exposure to U2K2 really helped galvanize my learning and appreciating how packaged applications are done, and why.
I only wish that the frequency of my training conducts get more frequent - I mean, there used to be times in the past that I would have 4 full weeks of conducts. It was tiring, but it allowed me to get the needed money for my usual expenses - including tuition. I do hope it becomes more frequent soon, as I do need to have more earnings to cover for my and my family's needs (expenses). Granted that I'm sure I can trim the fat in some aspects - but if I can maintain the comfort level (which isn't really that fat or totally leisurely comfortable), that would be better.
With respect to not being able to get what I need from the training, then I will really have to reconsider my career. It may be a sad day for training - as this will not be the first time I've heard of a really good trainer (no bias intended here) from retiring form training to pursue 'greener' pastures.

No comments:
Post a Comment