Monday, September 05, 2011

Here're two more of my colleagues in Facilitating... as I did say I would try to add pictures as soon as I could - well, I have no idea yet when my next class will be so it might not be a good idea to go wait for until I have had a couple of pictures before posting.

Meet Alain, in my PrimaryEdge days, he was one of the last people to get hired to perform falititating skills - more prominently, with some Professional development courses. Alain has proven to be a great facilitator - with his humor and his ability to explain things in simple, uncomplicated ways - his participants easily get to follow him... and after all, isn't that what's important?

His transition to PhoenixOne was, of course, easily done... coming from recommendations from the rest of the team - and though he first started in a limited capacity (having to handle the family business when his father could not), he has since then been given more facilitating time. A fellow colleague (Jingo) once referred to Alain as 'Poh' the character in Kung Fu Panda - and in a way, I find similarities in the characterization - not that Alain is a shoo-in for Jack Black of course, but that Alain can sometimes be seen as the character of Poh in several things... outlook in life, humor, maybe even the appetite?

Next we have Jingo:

What can I say about this person? He's a natural drama queen when he want to be... and that description speaks volumes in itself. He very conscious about how he looks and dresses, he's always making sure he is in the know about other people's thoughts - thus he does invest time in talking with people - and talks to them - both by listening and sharing... and in coaching parlance, sympathizing with others.

He also gets into the psyche of the female participant with his multitude of 'masa' related anecdotes - and can crank up the emotional factor with stories - both funny or with some emotional impact. He can act things out and can even belt a song or two with a very good voice. Some people refer to his as a thespian - and they won't be off the mark. Jingo is a performer... whether its on stage or off... and isn't facilitating somewhat like a stage?

Little surprise, therefore, that he happens to be the favorite facilitator of the BPO crowd. Lest this sound like a description of a typical derogatory blonde joke, I need to add that Jingo has equal mastery of substance - be it coaching or even the BPO project management (which I hear has better designed materials than the solutions version - though not as deep).

No comments: