Last Saturday's District 75 Turnover ceremonies gave me the chance to accept two awards - one recognizing my rola as the Division N Director this year... and in so doing, being a part of the District Committee in various activities, not just Division specific, but District centric as well.
For starters, I did participate in the monthly District Council meeting. I also became immersed in teh Centenial Celebration, I helped with the District Reformation committee - in realigning the Divisions and the Areas under them (at least, in the Luzon, specifically the Metro Manila portion), and guided my Division in helping make sure the Division Contest. for the four speech categories, happened withouth a hitch.
So I was given a placque for my efforts (what is shown in the background of the transparent acrylic one). All Division Directors were given this recognition of appreciation, so nothing spectacular. What was spectacular was teh comments that outgioing Director Jot gave to me. Me being the last Divisoin Director in his list to thank, I expected a passing comment as like the otehrs received. Instead I got what seemed to be an honest, heartfelt recognition of my character and how it somehow reminded Jot of his dad. Ribbing of my being the District's dad aside, this was indeed an honor - to comapre me with his dad - one he honored so much, so in comapring me to the man and the memory, DD Jot honored me greatly.
The second - the recognition, was for my effrots as President for the Hall of Learners Advnced Toastmasters Club. It did not have my name, but as President, my name and the club's was connected to each other for the past TM year. Though this was a collective effort, it was still a recognition I helped the club achieve. President's Distinguished Club - second year in a row.
The first year, I worked to make sure happen in the Educational portion of things - helping stabilize the new club, first as VPPR, then as VPEd. Though we got that same recognition - DTM Joyce, as Charter President, got to take home the award. (That's okay, I took home the Division H Toastmaster of the Year), and got a trophy as well. This year, though, I get to keep this recognition; the second in my collection, as I also have one when SETSI and Friends became a President's Distinguished Club some three years ago. Still, this is now, and I need to thank every member of HOLA for this, and share it with them.
Over all, 2024-2025 was a relatively good year. Here's hoping things continue to stay great.

No comments:
Post a Comment